You might have heard people saying that “a good plan is a job half done”. This can be applied to everything you do, including house cleaning. So, before you roll up your sleeves and get down to work, make sure to create a comprehensive cleaning checklist and come up with a doable schedule.
You can draw inspiration from the amazing house cleaning pros from Charlotte and the area. They have a vast experience in performing different cleaning tasks and know how to adjust their cleaning checklist to meet their clients’ needs and help them live a healthy life.
How do I make a cleaning checklist?
- List all the tasks that come to your mind. This is the perfect time to brainstorm so don’t worry if your checklist seems too messy at this point.
- Determine the length of your cleaning schedule. Once you determine if you are creating just a weekly cleaning checklist, or you want to expand it to biweekly and monthly, you’ll be able to organize your cleaning chores easier. This way, you’ll know what you should focus on and when.
- Think about the frequency of different tasks. The next steps should be determining how often certain cleaning chores should be performed. If you single out all those high-traffic areas in your home first, it will be easier for you to set your priorities straight and make more time for them.
- Write everything down. It’s best to create an electronic checklist so that you can amend it along the way if needed.
- Stick to it. This might be the hardest part. However, it is important to be persistent and not to give up halfway. To boost your motivation, you can reward yourself with a little treat for every successfully completed task.
What household chores should be done weekly?
Weekly household chores are a part of a regular maintenance routine, and they usually include the following:
clean toilets, sweep and mop floors, clean bathtub/shower, clean countertops, wipe down mirrors
dust, change bed sheets, remove the trash, vacuum carpets, and rugs
dust, mop floors, empty inside trash cans and place the trash in outside bins, clean outside/inside of the fridge, clean inside/outside of the microwave, scrub and disinfect the kitchen sink
- General Living Space:
sweep and mop floors, dust surfaces, vacuum carpets, and rugs, ensure rooms are tidy and neat
What should a house cleaner clean?
House cleaners have one goal and that is to return splendor to your home and make it look spotless. Every cleaning company has its own cleaning checklist and that’s what cleaners should follow. Of course, you can always discuss your specific needs with your chosen business and include a variety of optional add-ons.
The majority of cleaners, aside from offering regular cleaning services, also specialize in deep cleaning, move-in/move-out cleaning services, as well as Airbnb and vacation rental cleaning.
How long should a cleaner take?
You’ve let a cleaner into your home and you want to know how long it will take them to clean the house. This is completely reasonable, but you need to understand that this is not an easy question because it depends on the number of factors, including:
- The size of your residence
- Whether or not your home has been properly maintained so far
- The efficiency of the cleaning supplies your cleaners use
- The tools they have at their disposal
- The thoroughness of the service
- The experience of the cleaner
- Whether this is their first visit or they clean your home regularly
As you can see, giving a universal answer is impossible. Of course, if you stick to the same cleaning company, your cleaners will probably be able to estimate the time needed to complete the cleaning process much more precisely.
Is it time for house cleaning? Book the best cleaning service in Charlotte and beyond!
If ceaseless household chores are keeping you from spending enough time with your family, going shopping, or taking some time-off and spending the day at Freedom Park, contact Whystle. Thanks to our state-of-the-art booking app, you will be able to schedule a cleaning appointment in just a few minutes.
On top of that, we are particularly proud of our 100% pet-friendly policy and we promise that we won’t charge extra for your furry friends. Our flat-rate transparent pricing is the reason why Charlotte residents put their trust in us. Whystle is your safest option if you want less stress in your daily life and a clean, healthy and fully disinfected home.